Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Bucket List for the New Year

Have you made a bucket list? I haven't but I think it's a neat idea.  The Bible tells us that having plans is a good thing. 

Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind. Proverbs 21:5
When I was writing yesterday's post, I thought of several things that could be considered New Years resolutions, some serious, some silly.  Since we already established I'm not a big fan of those, I thought we could call them a bucket list for 2014.  Read what I came up with and let me know in the comments if you would add anything.


  • Paint your nails as soon as the paint starts to chip.
  • Don't sweat the small stuff.
  • Set aside spare change and save for a mama's day out or a family getaway day.
  • Don't wear pajamas to Walmart.
  • Remember that Twitter, Instagram and Facebook can't replace real life experiences.
  • Give your kids a bed time and stick to it.
  • Always have toilet paper on hand.
  • Drink more water.
  • Don't text and drive.
  • Stop beating yourself up- just move forward.
  • Get enough sleep.
  • Step out of your comfort zone every chance you get.
  • Start a journal.
  • Eat breakfast every day.
  • Read a book every month.
What would you add to this list?

And speaking of Twitter, etc. I wanted to let you know where else you can find me.  Click on the link of each site {I included my instagram username too} and you will be taken to my profile.

Twitter
Facebook
Pinterest
Instagram- MelissaSmallwood

Till tomorrow,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment